Approach to Therapy
I take a feminist and solution-focused approach to therapy that integrates all aspects of your identity, cultural background, and life experiences. I firmly believe that for any change, solution, or strategy to be effective, we must generate it collaboratively. I believe change is constantly happening, and our job in counseling is to harness that change in the direction that helps you attain your goals. I also believe that it is important to continuously monitor our progress towards your goals and to adjust our work accordingly. I integrate CBT, DBT, ACT, and other evidence-based approaches into my work as relevant to your needs.
Areas of Expertise
- Reducing Anxiety– Stress management, generalized anxiety disorders, insomnia, social anxiety, and phobias.
- Identity exploration and discovery – including gender, sexuality, cultural background, personality style, or any other facet of life.
- Relationships – Many people come to therapy in order to sort through issues in relationships with family, friends, or significant others. I am poly-friendly and here to help you work through relationship concerns.
- Lingering Sadness and Depression – Feeling down more days than not, struggling to find motivation, feeling lonely, isolated, or consistently sad, let’s work together to restore joy and enjoyment to your life.
- Career and School related concerns – Perhaps you want to explore career changes or academic major options, maybe you’ve recently been laid off and are wanting to use this as an opportunity to make a change, I can help you explore your options.
- Work/life balance – Finding the right balance between an engaging and rewarding career and living the life you desire can be tricky, we can explore these issues together.
- Optimal performance – Influenced by the positive psychology movement, I love helping people discover their flow, stop procrastinating, and move towards accomplishing goals.
- Burnout prevention for activists and folks involved in social justice work – Taking care of yourself is sometimes hard to prioritize, we can work together to find the right balance so you can stay fired up and ready to go.